Columbia Attorney for Post-Divorce Modifications

Do You Need to Make Changes to the Terms of a Divorce Settlement?

Are you looking to make changes to the terms of your final divorce or custody order? Whether you have recently become unemployed and can't pay court-ordered support or you are seeking to relocate out of state or terminate your alimony obligation, you may have recourse through the court. There are various reasons to seek a modification of a final order and you need the advice of an experienced Columbia family law attorney.

At the Steele Law Firm, LLC, I will review your claim for a modification and offer you sound legal advice while providing you with a road map forward. From the moment I take your case, you are my top priority and I will give you the personalized attention and representation that you deserve. If you can show a substantial change in circumstance in income or employment status, or have issues related to child custody or visitation or payment of alimony, I may be able to assist you in securing the outcome that you are seeking.

Some changes in circumstance include:

  • Substantial changes in income or loss of employment
  • Relocation to another state for employment reasons
  • Problems related to proper care of children or visitation
  • Abuses by ex-spouse regarding alimony payments

Request a consultation with me by calling (803) 402-8544 today.

Personalized Attention & Building a Strong Case in Your Favor

Under South Carolina law, the terms that have been set with respect to child custody and visitation, child support, and payment of alimony are legally binding and violations of them can result in a contempt of court charge against you. Circumstances change over time, however, and you may be entitled to a modification.

When you hire my firm, I will assure you that you will be represented aggressively and responsibly and that your case will be effectively presented to the court. If it is important to you, it is important to me. Contact me today to get started.

Contact my Columbia divorce office today at (803) 402-8544 for more information on post-divorce modification!

Serving the cities of Blythewood, Camden, Cayce, Chester, Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Rock Hill, Sumter, West Columbia, and Winnsboro.

Contact The Steele Law Firm, LLC

Discuss Your Case With Me During Your Consultation

Send My Information